Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).
Halo Fixes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resolution setting issue in Surface Pro 2

4 posters

Go down

Resolution setting issue in Surface Pro 2 Empty Resolution setting issue in Surface Pro 2

Post by Deafboy91 Tue May 20, 2014 8:00 am

Hello,

I installed latest patch issued by autoupdate. Then I ran Halo and went to video setting but I don't see 1920x1080 there. It's max resolution available are 1280x1024.

I tried by uncheck the disable display scale on high DPI in properties but that method not solve the resolution issue.

Any solution? I rather not go back to -vidmode.

Using Surface Pro 2 128 GB
Note* This issued applied to both Halo PC and CE

Cheers,
DB
Deafboy91
Deafboy91

Back to top Go down

Resolution setting issue in Surface Pro 2 Empty Re: Resolution setting issue in Surface Pro 2

Post by Skylace Tue May 20, 2014 11:12 am

What is your Surface's max resolution?
Skylace
Skylace

http://bud.boards.net Steam

Back to top Go down

Resolution setting issue in Surface Pro 2 Empty Re: Resolution setting issue in Surface Pro 2

Post by Jaz Tue May 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Skylace wrote:What is your Surface's max resolution?
1920x1080 probably. You can't get one below that as far as I know.
Jaz
Jaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Deafboy91 Tue May 20, 2014 12:03 pm

1920 x 1080px (208 ppi) ClearType HD
Deafboy91
Deafboy91

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylace Tue May 20, 2014 12:21 pm

I am not sure why it is not allowing you to go to your max resolution but for now you could use -vidmode 1920,1080,60 or you could try installing Hac2 and see if that works.
Skylace
Skylace

http://bud.boards.net Steam

Back to top Go down

Post by Deafboy91 Tue May 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Skylace wrote:I am not sure why it is not allowing you to go to your max resolution but for now you could use -vidmode 1920,1080,60 or you could try installing Hac2 and see if that works.

I forget to mentioned earlier in OP, that I installed HAC2 before install the 1.10. I using HAC2 for several months with 1.09. Just checked about and it's using latest one.

EDIT: I think I found a problem caused. So here long story.

After I formatted Alienware Mx14 R1 and I installed intel HD graphic driver and Nvidia GPU driver as well. It's have Optimus that switch between Intel HD gpu or Nvidia GPU. So I installed Halo PC + 1.10 Patch + HAC2 and run it first time and Optimus recognized it and set it to using Nvidia GPU and I open video setting and set it to native resolution 1600x900 ready as no problem. Then I installed Halo CE + 1.10 + HAC2 and ran it first time and Optimus recognized (not as game) and set it to Intel HD gpu. With Intel HD gpu running in Halo CE, i opened video setting and there no 1600x900, just max is 1280x1024 like Surface Pro 2. So I closed Halo CE and manually set it to using Nvidia GPU, reopened and see there have 1600x900.

Seem resolution limit for integrated graphic need to increase because Surface Pro 2 using integrated Intel HD Graphic 4400

Last edited by Deafboy91 on Tue May 20, 2014 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
Deafboy91
Deafboy91

Back to top Go down

Post by {ØZ}Foxx Tue May 20, 2014 5:36 pm

With the new update I haven't gotten more high resolutions, I've gotten more low ones.
{ØZ}Foxx
{ØZ}Foxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Deafboy91 Tue May 20, 2014 5:54 pm

{ØZ}Foxx wrote:With the new update I haven't gotten more high resolutions, I've gotten more low ones.

Because you using integrated graphic right?
Deafboy91
Deafboy91

Back to top Go down

Post by {ØZ}Foxx Wed May 21, 2014 1:46 am

Deafboy91 wrote:
{ØZ}Foxx wrote:With the new update I haven't gotten more high resolutions, I've gotten more low ones.

Because you using integrated graphic right?
What does that mean?
My graphics card is intel celeron and my pcs normal resolution is 1366x768 I think
{ØZ}Foxx
{ØZ}Foxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down