Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).
Halo Fixes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bungie officially releases patch 1.10 (includes the Lobby fix)

+18
idk0123
xTerminator
Amario1
Skylace
HR_Shaft
Amit
(SBB) Blitz
Anoobis
The Doctor
Sckewi
(SBB) Storm
FrostyCypher
Vaporeon
sehé°°
Thing1
stunt_man
Patxi
PÕQ~Technut
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bungie officially releases patch 1.10 (includes the Lobby fix) - Page 2 Empty Macs?

Post by Rincon Tue May 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Any likelihood of a patch for mac users?

Gracias!
Rincon
Rincon

Back to top Go down

Bungie officially releases patch 1.10 (includes the Lobby fix) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bungie officially releases patch 1.10 (includes the Lobby fix)

Post by PÕQ~Technut Tue May 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Rincon wrote:Any likelihood of a patch for mac users?
A patch for the Mac version of Halo is here.
PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ~Technut

http://poqclan.com Steam

Back to top Go down

Bungie officially releases patch 1.10 (includes the Lobby fix) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bungie officially releases patch 1.10 (includes the Lobby fix)

Post by Amario1 Tue May 20, 2014 11:49 pm

I did run the patch as administrator but still getting the same result, older patch versions work(as in they run and update the game e.g. 1.04 & 1.09) but not 1.0.10 Sad. it doesnt update manually either. And now i cant see my lobby because the ingame prompt is there, and it wont update if selected
Amario1
Amario1

Back to top Go down

Post by Patxi Wed May 21, 2014 10:11 am

I made the Spanish translation of what Roger said in the Bungie forums here

Forgot to said it in this thread.
Patxi
Patxi

Steam

Back to top Go down

Bungie officially releases patch 1.10 (includes the Lobby fix) - Page 2 Empty Mac Users

Post by Jpwheeling2000 Wed May 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Has anybody made a Patch for Macintosh Users,  I am running a Mac to play Halo 2, anybody have a Patch for Mac
Jpwheeling2000
Jpwheeling2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Rincon Wed May 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Yes, A link to a patch for Macs is here:  https://halo-fixes.forumotion.com/t9-mac-patch-for-the-new-lobby#9
Click the "here" in "I uploaded a Mac patch for the new lobby here"    Download and follow the instructions in the "read me" file.
I have a Mac.  Just installed this patch and it works.
Spread the word among Mac users!
Rincon
Rincon

Back to top Go down

Post by killershears Wed May 21, 2014 1:15 pm

I'm begging any of you to just upload a zip of the files this patch updates since the patch won't work on my copy of halo (and every other patch works...I legally have 1.09)
killershears
killershears

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut Wed May 21, 2014 2:22 pm

killershears wrote:I'm begging any of you to just upload a zip of the files this patch updates since the patch won't work on my copy of halo (and every other patch works...I legally have 1.09)
Quite honestly, I'm not sure I know of all the files that it is updating. And apparently the patch uses different files depending on your region (eg. Asian build is different than US).

I'm bringing this issue to Roger's (Bungie) attention. Perhaps he can help.
PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger W Wed May 21, 2014 2:28 pm

killershears wrote:the patch fails at the chktrust.exe phase of patching. could somebody please upload a zip of the files that the patch updates? I feel like a lot of people are actually getting screwed over by this update. my copy of Halo is legit.....the patch won't work for me.... I ran the program as an administrator (I AM the damn administrator) so yeah...I'm kinda upset about this

Hi, let me see if I can resolve the root problem first - For people failing at checkexe, what OS are you on? This sounds like your OS doesn't have a current Root Certificate list from Microsoft.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=root%20certificate%20update
Roger W
Roger W

Back to top Go down

Post by killershears Wed May 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Windows Xp Home Sp2.....I just tried installing that update and an earlier root certificate update from May of that same year.....Both didn't do anything when I tried to run them...and when I tried to update Halo.....same problem. Can I manually import a specific certificate somehow? Thank you for all your help thus far, I appreciate your efforts.

I never had the problem when I patched to 1.09

Could I send my cd key to someone and have some kind of image file made for a new installation of Halo already patched to 1.10? I'm the only person using this cd key.
killershears
killershears

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut Wed May 21, 2014 3:51 pm

killershears wrote:Could I send my cd key to someone
 No Never give your CD install key to anyone. Please try to be patient for a solution, thanks.
PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger W Wed May 21, 2014 3:58 pm

Yes, you can manually import this certificate into your Trusted Roots store:

https://certs.godaddy.com/anonymous/repository.pki;jsessionid=W4Ni6rsGJaLLbFWCJ7CcYA__.p3p01jb?streamfilename=gdroot-g2.crt&actionMethod=anonymous%2Frepository.xhtml%3Arepository.streamFile%28%27%27%29&cid=9487

If that link expires, go here:

https://certs.godaddy.com/anonymous/repository.pki

and search for Certificate Thumbprint (sha1): 47 BE AB C9 22 EA E8 0E 78 78 34 62 A7 9F 45 C2 54 FD E6 8B
Roger W
Roger W

Back to top Go down

Post by killershears Wed May 21, 2014 8:27 pm

hmmm didn't work and in the trusted root section, when I view details of the certificate...it says possible corruption and nonvalid signature

I'm at wit's end! thank you so much for trying to help me though
killershears
killershears

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger W Wed May 21, 2014 9:45 pm

sounds like you might have some other system problems at the heart of this. You might try getting current on Windows Updates, too.

anyway, you can get the new exe and dll from the paths below:

PC: http://ph.bungie.net/halopctestbuilds/110.zip
CE: http://ph.bungie.net/halopctestbuilds/110ce.zip 

Put those unzipped files in c:\program files\Microsoft Games\halo
(or Halo Custom Edition)

Note that all these instructions relate to your 32-bit flavor of Windows. If someone is somehow hitting this on a more recent 63-bit windows, the path above is in "Program Files (x86)"

Then you'll need to edit your registry.
run regedit and browse to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Halo
(or HaloCE) then set Version to 1.10

64-bit users are in this path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Halo
Roger W
Roger W

Back to top Go down

Post by killershears Wed May 21, 2014 10:04 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your help has been excellent. I've never received so much help in such a short time frame. You are awesome. Thank you, Technut, as well. This is awesome. I'm good to go now. You're right about my system stuff being out of whack...could be something to do with bootcamp compatibility with my macbook. Either way, everything's working beautifully. Thank you!
killershears
killershears

Back to top Go down

Post by Amario1 Wed May 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Hahahaha YES! it now works for me too Roger you dog, thanks buddy <3
Amario1
Amario1

Back to top Go down

Post by killershears Wed May 21, 2014 10:44 pm

I'm hoping users with the same problem find Roger's post on here. The more people playing Halo, the better. Cheers.
killershears
killershears

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger W Wed May 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Just a friendly reminder that Windows XP is past its end of life, and you'll start to see an increasing number of random things that Just Don't Work, over time, even aside from the lack of security fixes.

I would guess the root certificates problem is a common thread here. The fact that the newly-imported one showed as corrupt might mean that Windows is missing an update the enables some new cert signing algorithm that in use, or something along those lines. It's definitely not specific to Halo, and might break other apps or websites too.
Roger W
Roger W

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut Wed May 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Roger W wrote:Then you'll need to edit your registry.
run regedit and browse to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Halo
(or HaloCE) then set Version to 1.10

64-bit users are in this path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Halo
I've created a registry patch (below) for anyone who would prefer not to edit their registry by hand.

This is only needed if you are updating to version 1.10 from an older version by manually copying the .exe and .dll files from Roger's .zip files.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Halo]
"Version"="1.10"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Halo CE]
"Version"="1.10"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Halo]
"Version"="1.10"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Halo CE]
"Version"="1.10"

Save this as "HaloVersion110.reg" (not .txt) and include the blank line at the end. Then double-click on the file to add these values to your registry. It includes values for PC/CE, Win32 and Win64 (it should do no harm to have the unused values in your registry).

PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ~Technut

Back to top Go down

Post by killershears Wed May 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Roger W wrote:Just a friendly reminder that Windows XP is past its end of life, and you'll start to see an increasing number of random things that Just Don't Work, over time, even aside from the lack of security fixes.

I would guess the root certificates problem is a common thread here. The fact that the newly-imported one showed as corrupt might mean that Windows is missing an update the enables some new cert signing algorithm that in use, or something along those lines. It's definitely not specific to Halo, and might break other apps or websites too.
I'm only sticking with my outdated version of XP for now because I'm a pack-rat with this macbook, I like the configurations of my programs, and also because I have yet to buy an external drive so I can back this partition up and buy the newest version of windows compatible with this 2009 hardware (probably 7). I mostly use Windows for gaming only and very basic web browsing. Most of what I do on this laptop is on my very outdated (and also no longer supported) Mac OSX 10.5.8 hahahaha (for the same reasons as my windows partition)
killershears
killershears

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2