Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).
Halo Fixes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mac very low framerate

3 posters

Go down

Mac very low framerate Empty Mac very low framerate

Post by Bizkit Fri May 23, 2014 6:11 pm

I tried the Mac patch and it hasn't helped. It seems like I am getting two frames per second since the server update and the game is now unplayable. Do you folks know if anyone is working on an update for the Mac?
Bizkit
Bizkit

Back to top Go down

Mac very low framerate Empty Mac very low framerate

Post by PÕQ~Technut Fri May 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Bizkit wrote:I tried the Mac patch and it hasn't helped. It seems like I am getting two frames per second since the server update and the game is now unplayable. Do you folks know if anyone is working on an update for the Mac?
There's been no word on an "official" patch for the Mac. I wrote to MacSoft/Destineer a week ago and they didn't respond.

The 1.10 changes to the Master Server would have no effect on your framerate, and neither would the changes to the Halo servers themselves (they were very minor changes anyway).

So the problem is likely something local to your Mac and your Halo install.

When was the last time it was good? You say the patch "hasn't helped"... so it was bad even before the patch? You said earlier that you did a complete re-install of Halo recently (just before patching), could that be part of the issue? Maybe you lost some settings you had before?

PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ~Technut

http://poqclan.com Steam

Back to top Go down

Mac very low framerate Empty Re: Mac very low framerate

Post by [CV]314sec Sat May 24, 2014 12:02 am

I've been using the patch for a few days and all seems OK (i am running 10.9.3 on a late 2012 iMac).  Game play is a bit different, but the Windows players are saying the same thing.
[CV]314sec
[CV]314sec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizkit Sat May 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Technut - It was all fine before the new server and PC software. Then it was immediately, incredibly slow, without any other patches than the very old 2.04 one. That's when I started trying the new ones. After that I reinstalled Halo. Apparently I didn't do a "clean" install, since all the same settings, names, etc, were still there when I launched.
Bizkit
Bizkit

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizkit Wed May 28, 2014 7:33 pm

314 - I have the same setup: 2012 27" iMac running 10.9.3. This happened for me right after the server updates. I had not changed a thing and was joining via direct IP. Then I applied the new patches. I can see the servers fine (that works great), but the game is incredibly slow. 

I have tried changing the video prefs in the game settings as well as what is available in the startup dialogue box - no change. I didn't think it was a video card issue. I think it's a connection issue. All I have to do is click on a server to see how it will play - the player list scroll is very slow and jerky.

I haven't made any changes to anything in years, so this is perplexing.
Bizkit
Bizkit

Back to top Go down

Post by [CV]314sec Wed May 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Hello,

This happened to me when I upgraded to Mavericks a while ago, and nil was kind enough to patch Halo to get it so it ran at a normal rate (its what he calls the old download).  My guess is that your patches have been mixed up somehow.
[CV]314sec
[CV]314sec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizkit Thu May 29, 2014 10:45 am

Entirely possible 314. When I did the Mavericks update nothing changed at all for me in Halo. It has only been since the server update.
Bizkit
Bizkit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum