Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Halo Fixes
Welcome!

This site is a central place to discuss solutions for issues with Halo (for example, if the server lobby is not available).

Hopefully we can help you fix your Halo problems.

You can browse the information here without logging in, but if you register for an account then you can ask questions (or provide answers).

¡Bienvenido!

Este sitio es un lugar central para discutir soluciones para los problemas con Halo (por ejemplo, si el lobby de los servidores no está disponible).

Espero que podamos ayudarle a solucionar sus problemas de Halo.

Puede navegar por la información aquí sin iniciar sesión, pero si usted se registra para una cuenta entonces usted puede hacer preguntas (o dar respuestas).
Halo Fixes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies

+15
pinkpanther
funkeypim12
n00bhatzer
Dohogs
Recovery
Sckewi
xJohn
Vaporeon
InsaneEnergy
PÕQ~Technut
{ØZ}Foxx
Skylace
stunt_man
Patxi
sehé°°
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies Empty Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies

Post by sehé°° Mon May 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Español >>

For those who still using the old 1.00/1.04 executable, I made a "fixed" 1.10 one and I also included HAC 2 in the archive, so hopefully custom maps will be actually played after 10 years as intended.

Here are the fixes:

Halo PC - Download
or
Torrent:

Halo CE - Download
or
Torrent:

Installation: Simply extract the archive to the Halo main folder, and overwrite the existing files.

If you get error message when you start Halo, install this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555

Last edited by sehé°° on Sat May 17, 2014 9:11 am; edited 4 times in total
sehé°°
sehé°°

http://xhalo.tk Steam

Back to top Go down

Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies Empty Re: Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies

Post by Patxi Thu May 15, 2014 8:51 pm

sehé°° wrote:Here are the fixes:

Note that they include HAC 2, which is not compatible atm. (and even crashing on HPC), it should be fixed in 1 day, and it will be automatically updated.

Installation: Simply extract the archive to the Halo main folder, and overwrite the existing files.

Hey man, thanks. I have it legally installed on my 2 partitions, but you know we need portable versions when using College or Job's PC's.
Patxi
Patxi

Steam

Back to top Go down

Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies Empty Re: Fix for players with "unofficial" copies

Post by stunt_man Thu May 15, 2014 9:45 pm

Question: for the players that don't have legitimate copies - will the auto-update still be pushed to them? And will it break their cracks, making them unable to play?
stunt_man
stunt_man

Back to top Go down

Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies Empty Re: Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies

Post by stunt_man Thu May 15, 2014 9:52 pm

Just found this topic, great work. We will need to get the word out about this fix - I'm assuming most players using unofficial copies will not know what is happening. I'm guessing that auto-update is disabled for those copies...
stunt_man
stunt_man

Back to top Go down

Post by sehé°° Thu May 15, 2014 9:57 pm

I think they will still get the update, except if they have modded ui.map that disables new version checking, but I already made a fixed exe for 1.10 that you can get here, + I'll advertise it in every Sapp server in english and spanish for the next two weeks, so hopefully everyone will be able to get it.
sehé°°
sehé°°

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylace Fri May 16, 2014 2:20 am

Would renaming the loader.dll make the fix not work?  Because HAC2 currently uses the same name for its loader and then players running the portable version would not be able to use HAC2.
Skylace
Skylace

http://bud.boards.net Steam

Back to top Go down

Post by {ØZ}Foxx Fri May 16, 2014 3:24 am

My Halo (previously 1.04) throws an exception when I try to open it (after showing the splash screen)
{ØZ}Foxx
{ØZ}Foxx

Back to top Go down

Post by sehé°° Fri May 16, 2014 6:37 am

Did you guys even read the description?

"Note that they include HAC 2, which is not compatible atm. (and even crashing on HPC), it should be fixed in 1 day, and it will be automatically updated."

1. That loader.dll IS HAC 2.
2. That IS why it's crashing exactly, blame Btcc22, should be fixed today.
sehé°°
sehé°°

Back to top Go down

Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies Empty HAC 2 question about badges and chat

Post by Patxi Fri May 16, 2014 6:44 am

Do you know if HAC2 will come up with Optic badges and reach chat? And if they do do I have to delete my Optic files from Halo CE installation folder? I ask cause I don't wanna mess up.
Patxi
Patxi

Steam

Back to top Go down

Post by {ØZ}Foxx Fri May 16, 2014 6:48 am

sehé°° wrote:Did you guys even read the description?

"Note that they include HAC 2, which is not compatible atm. (and even crashing on HPC), it should be fixed in 1 day, and it will be automatically updated."

1. That loader.dll IS HAC 2.
2. That IS why it's crashing exactly, blame Btcc22, should be fixed today.
Ok I understand, sorry Smile
{ØZ}Foxx
{ØZ}Foxx

Back to top Go down

Manual 1.10 update for players with "unofficial" copies Empty Re: HAC 2 question about badges and chat

Post by sehé°° Fri May 16, 2014 6:57 am

Patxi wrote:Do you know if HAC2 will come up with Optic badges and reach chat? And if they do do I have to delete my Optic files from Halo CE installation folder? I ask cause I don't wanna mess up.
It probably will, but you have to load them manually from HAC2 console or init, so before you do that I'd recommend to remove old optic and chat, the easiest way is to simply remove haloader.dll from the controls folder.
sehé°°
sehé°°

Back to top Go down

Post by sehé°° Fri May 16, 2014 12:00 pm

HAC 2 is fixed for 1.10 and released! http://blog.haloanticheat.com/
sehé°°
sehé°°

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut Fri May 16, 2014 9:42 pm

stunt_man wrote:Question: for the players that don't have legitimate copies - will the auto-update still be pushed to them? And will it break their cracks, making them unable to play?
I believe if they are on a version older than 1.09 and their copies actually permitted auto-updates then they would always be getting prompted to update to 1.09, just like you would with a fresh install off the outdated CD. I don't think that's the case.

So I'm going to say, No... if they are on a version older than 1.09 and not already seeing update prompts, then their copy has auto-update disabled and they will not be getting prompted to auto-update to 1.10.

Last edited by PÕQ~Technut on Sat May 17, 2014 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ~Technut

http://poqclan.com Steam

Back to top Go down

Post by PÕQ~Technut Sat May 17, 2014 12:52 am

A few off-topic posts have been deleted because this thread was going way off course.

Let's keep this thread on topic... it's about the Lobby fix in the 1st post and the problems people who are using "unofficial" copies will have when the GameSpy server goes away.

If you want to ask some other question, please start your own thread. Thank you.
PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ~Technut

http://poqclan.com Steam

Back to top Go down

Post by sehé°° Wed May 21, 2014 8:38 am

sehé°°
sehé°°

Back to top Go down

Post by InsaneEnergy Sat May 31, 2014 5:45 am

I downloaded this, and it says I don't have halo when I try to get the patch. In addition, downloading this stuff didn't remove Gamespy. Help?
InsaneEnergy
InsaneEnergy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaporeon Sat May 31, 2014 7:04 am

Just reinstall Halo from the original installer. Or you can use this.
Vaporeon
Vaporeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylace Sat May 31, 2014 1:27 pm

InsaneEnergy wrote:I downloaded this, and it says I don't have halo when I try to get the patch. In addition, downloading this stuff didn't remove Gamespy. Help?
1. Un-install and delete all files related to halo.  
2. Download the game you want to play. [HaloCE][HaloPC] <-- Click the game you want...
3a. FOR HALOPC ONLY: Unzip the halo.iso with 7zip
3b. Run the setup.exe after it is done downloading or unziping then put in a CD Key when it asks (any cd key.)
4. Then run the haloupdate.exe (will be located inside the install directory)
5. After that place sehe's executable into your halo folder (paste and relpace) and HAC2 (controls folder)

I posted this elsewhere but I think it can help here more. This should also work for installs on flash drives.
Skylace
Skylace

Back to top Go down

Post by InsaneEnergy Sat May 31, 2014 7:35 pm

DocVaporeon wrote:Just reinstall Halo from the original installer. Or you can use this.
That sendspace is throttling it's file servers on purpose :/
Whatever, I'm downloading it now. Thanks!
EDIT: Sorry, I'm looking for Halo PC not Custom Edition
InsaneEnergy
InsaneEnergy

Back to top Go down

Post by InsaneEnergy Sat May 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Skylace wrote:
InsaneEnergy wrote:I downloaded this, and it says I don't have halo when I try to get the patch. In addition, downloading this stuff didn't remove Gamespy. Help?
2. Download the game you want to play. [HaloCE][HaloPC] <-- Click the game you want...
3b. Run the setup.exe after it is done downloading or unziping then put in a CD Key when it asks (any cd key.)
5. After that place sehe's executable into your halo folder (paste and relpace) and HAC2 (controls folder)

I posted this elsewhere but I think it can help here more. This should also work for installs on flash drives.
Thanks, downloading now. Will edit post once it's all downloaded.
Edit: It's saved the Halo executable into my Halo CE folder! WTF?
Edit 2: It still says "Powered by Gamespy" after doing all that.
InsaneEnergy
InsaneEnergy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaporeon Sat May 31, 2014 10:32 pm

InsaneEnergy wrote:Edit 2: It still says "Powered by Gamespy" after doing all that.

That is normal as the map files contain that message and they haven't been touched since launch.
Vaporeon
Vaporeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylace Sat May 31, 2014 10:35 pm

InsaneEnergy wrote:
Skylace wrote:

Thanks, downloading now. Will edit post once it's all downloaded.
Edit: It's saved the Halo executable into my Halo CE folder! WTF?
Edit 2: It still says "Powered by Gamespy" after doing all that.
Roger W. (of Bungie) wrote:
E3pO wrote:Also, any plans on updating the ui.map to remove the "Powered by Gamespy" ?
Nope. Even without the master server, the networking includes a lot of Gamespy code, so it's still true. And, presumably, contractually required.

It has to stay dew to the fact that most of the code being used is still Gamespy code.
Skylace
Skylace

Back to top Go down

Post by InsaneEnergy Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:34 am

DocVaporeon wrote:
InsaneEnergy wrote:Edit 2: It still says "Powered by Gamespy" after doing all that.

That is normal as the map files contain that message and they haven't been touched since launch.
So basically my game is fully updated to 1.10?
InsaneEnergy
InsaneEnergy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaporeon Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:29 am

If Strings.dll is dated 12/05/2014 then the update worked.
Vaporeon
Vaporeon

Back to top Go down

Post by xJohn Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:51 am

sehé°° wrote:Installation: Simply extract the archive to the Halo main folder, and overwrite the existing files.

Thanks brother, it worked for me. Unfortunately, I am getting a small error window in the upper left corner when I enable 1080p resolution. It says something like "Error trying to open 1080log.kmsl". There is no possible way to close the error, it just stays there in the corner while playing. The full path of the missing(?) file is given in the error message, so I can try to take a screenshot if it will help to fix the problem.
xJohn
xJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next